Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sunday Watercolors - Copying for learning

This year, for practice,  I will allow myself to copy other artists' painting. It's always been a no-no to me to copy, but think it is a great way to try to pick up on the techniques they are using - and promise I won't do it after this year is over. This painting was inspired by one of James Mann's  beautiful paintings.


Hope you are doing well! I myself am so extremely proud to be Swedish these Olympic days (-:!
Hugs, Karin

5 comments:

Lin said...

Beautiful, Karin, and extra special to me because we've visited here many times when we vacation in Maine! Love your watercolors!

Kara said...

This is so beautiful. I took a painting class a few years ago I chose to paint this lighthouse. It did not turn out nearly as beautiful as yours!!!!

Joan B said...

wow, this is gorgeous!

karen h said...

Gorgeous!

Angela Fehr said...

Lovely, Karin! We can learn a lot by copying - it's allowed! I love your sky - that gorgeous patch of indigo!